Friday, January 27, 2012

we need to have a talk

We've had a good run, Naptime.

Throughout all our ups and downs we've stuck together for more than two years.


We've had our good times and our bad times, but for the most part you were fairly dependable.


You did show up in some strange places a few times and caught me by surprise.


At other times you wouldn't show up at all.


The disappointment was quickly forgotten, though, in the wake of the tender and unforgettable moments.


We've come to know each other quite well, which is why it's now so hard to  say goodbye.  Letting go is going to be difficult, but I must remain firm.  It's for the best.


It's not you.  It's me.

I've fallen for your desperately desired cousin, Reasonable Bedtime.


I hope we will reunite down the road and can smile on each other once again.
(Don't cry, Naptime.  I've been on to the tears for quite some time now.)


Goodbye.  For now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment