Monday, January 9, 2012

a hairy predicament

After performing the vacuum equivalent of a triple-bypass on my Hoover tonight I have come to realize three things:

  1. My vacuum was not broken, just severely incapacitated.  No, this admission does not mean I don't need deserve a new vacuum cleaner.  Brandon.
  2. I could single-handedly toupĂ©e the entire balding population.  By next Thursday if we were to include the hair I could accumulate from every shower and hair-brushing.
  3. My hair grows back freakishly fast.  Freakishly.  I am suddenly fascinated by the fact that I'm not bald.  

I cleaned Hoover less than 3 months ago and when I turned it bottom up tonight I thought I'd accidentally sucked up a small Yorkie.

I took my sharpest shears to that mess and still had to tug with both hands and push with both feet.  It must have been quite a sight.  I believe Braylie's exact words were, "Mama, whadyou DOOOOING." Oh, the things you have to look forward to, kiddo.

I won't disgust you with actual photos, but this pretty little lady depicts what I should look like based on the amount of hair sitting in our wastebasket.


Did I say pretty?  Sorry, I meant pretty disturbing.  Though she reminds me a bit of Harry - you know, the Hendersons' adopted friendly giant, circa 1987.  The elusive Mrs. Harry perhaps.

I digress.

I know you're all really here for Braylie spam and are likely glossing over each paragraph thinking "enough chit chat already, show me the kid!"  Here you go ... I aim to please.


4 comments:

  1. OMG I had the same issue with my vacuum last week....so embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear i'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same issue too! But mine was on Christmas eve! I took the entire bottom end of the vacuum apart. It was so gross. I'm not sure how I managed to put it all back together, but at least all the hair and gunk is out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fortunately, mine was only two screws. otherwise it would still be sitting in pieces most likely.

    ReplyDelete