Cooped up doesn't even really cover it anymore ... now, it's more like claustrophobic. Our house feels like it has gotten infinitely smaller over the course of the past few months - even when in reality it has gotten bigger, thanks to the mad skills of my handy husband!
An immortal groundhog and Daylight Savings have tricked us into a false sense of early Spring, when in reality it's freezing outside. FREEZING! But that doesn't stop us from venturing out in order to avoid picking up the contents of our frequently emptied tupperware drawer (or closet floor).
Tonight, Braylie and I took a post-dinner walk around the block together.
(by dinner, I mean toast and grapes ... thrown on the floor)
(by around the block, I mean around the corner and back)
(by together, I mean me chasing her)
Braylie thoroughly enjoyed it and did NOT want to go back inside. I was so cold I couldn't feel my nose and ears. I'll call it a win because we got out of the house for 10 minutes ... and because it was still daylight at 6:30pm.
Surprisingly, our girl always finds a way to entertain herself - and us. Sometimes, we even learn something new ... like what spices go best with corn on the cob, a lemon and a hamburger bun.
It is one thing to show your child the way, and a harder thing to then stand out of it. ~Robert Braultxoxoxo
Looks like she is a wiz in the kitchen. We love ours too. Her little voice is so sweet :)
ReplyDelete