Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone is having a great start to their New Year! 

I'm a bit sad that the holidays are over, but combating it by leaving most of our decorations up for just a bit longer.  All the 'Christmas' stuff has been packed away (or left by the roadside) but snowman and singing decs are still keeping us cheery company.  Braylie still misses the "trrreee!" and looks around lost because it's not there for her to magically turn on every morning and off every night by just speaking the word 'tree'.  Sad face makes me sad.

On a positive note, the days are already getting longer!  Woohoo!  The sun was still up when I left work last night and it felt so good to not commute home in the dark.  Goodbye Daylight Savings Time - you will NOT be missed in this household!  Longer days, warm weather, cooking out, after-dinner walks around the block, excursions to the beach, and Daddy home on Sundays ... here we come!!

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic today ... our peanut turned 17 months old yesterday and I can't believe how fast the time flies.  So here's a little video of squishy baby Braylie from not so long ago.  I can barely remember a time when she was non-vocal and immobile, but we have proof!




And fast forward to now ...


"MY snowmans!!"


"You're not going to get them, Mommy!"

"Oopsie, dropped his hat ..."

"NOOOOOOOOO ..."

"Oh good, Mommy got it for me ..."

"How does this pesky hat keep getting away from me?"

"It couldn't have anything to do with the fact that I keep throwing it ..."

"Stinkin' hat."

"Why won't you cooperate with me!!!!!"


Life is good.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment