Monday, November 28, 2011

a little time-lapse treat

I stuck to my word and waited until after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas.  Yup.  I waited ... one whole day. 

That was hard, y'all.

Totally worth the wait, though.  Braylie and I carried the Christmas totes up from storage (meaning I carried them up while she emptied them) and brought Christmas into our quaint little abode.  And here it will stay - until at least January February 1st.

Sitting amongst our singing Hallmark snowmen, and Snoopy, and penguins is the ever popular Snow Miser.  The Snow Miser seems like a ... well, a miser, but he grows on you.  Even after two years, Braylie still takes a bit to warm up.  This year, though - I think she's got the upper hand.


You may remember a similar video post last year around this time.  Shall we journey down memory lane together?


As much as I love these little treats, they are bittersweet.  I wish we could do more than just watch videos or look at pictures, I wish we could travel back for a day.  Or a week or two seven.

I know clichés are obnoxious at best, but none is more true than 'they grow up before your eyes'.  We can see her changing every day - and just look at each other in shock and amazement.

Not hard to guess what my fire-rescued object would be. 

(And if you are still around after two clichés in less than 5 minutes you are true friends.)

Happy Holidays!!

2 comments:

  1. She has some signature moves there! Totally brought a smile to my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. makes me laugh and cry. she still has her same "get down" as she did a year ago just a little more pazZAZ! makes me cry coz i remember you as a baby and toddler and i wish i could go back and do more special things with you. i can't remember exactly......and that makes me sad. treasure your vidios!!!!!

    ReplyDelete