Monday, July 18, 2011

where in the world is ...

You may have seen some of these photos before, but I bet you didn't notice a common theme among them.  See if you can find it now.


  




 It's a sneaky theme, but I promise it's there.








 Still trying to figure it out?

 



Come on, people ...

  

 I'm not cheating - I promise it's in that photo, too!




Sometimes it's a camera-shy theme ...




 If you don't have it by now ...




Okay, fine - the theme is Blankie Bear.  Going back to have a second look?  Go ahead ... I'll wait ...

See!  I told you!  

Bear is never far away from Braylie.  He even comes before Mommy and Daddy sometimes - especially when boo-boos are involved.  "Need Bear!!" is a common phrase heard 'round these parts.

Some of you may wonder, "Where did this Bear come from?  And why do they let her take him everywhere like that?"
Bear has been around ... well, forever, I guess.  Forever for Braylie, anyhow.






And he's not going anywhere anytime soon.  Unless we want to be disowned by our toddler.

I'm not exaggerating.

We have to give Bear a 'bath' every week and it takes some mad-ninja parenting (distraction) skills to make it through that 2 hours without a meltdown. 

To be honest, I've only succeeded twice. 

The worst meltdown happened last weekend, and was not even able to be dampened by the issuance of a popsicle. Now THAT is a "Bear lost!" meltdown at its best.

Bee and I are doing everything we can to keep our fourth family member in one piece, but we know it's only a matter of time until he has withered away down to an inch of fabric.  This is why I am going to pay $40 to buy a new one off eBay - because every parent knows it's worth paying off a greedy, quadruple-charging eBay monger if it means protecting your kid's very first BFF relationship as long as possible. 

I may buy five more Blankie Bears - just so Braylie can make it to college.

 

xoxoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment